The Breast and Cervical Cancer Program provides breast and cervical screenings “at no cost” to eligible women. Regular breast and cervical screenings saves lives.
- Ages 40 to 64 years old
- Have limited income
- Have no insurance or insurance that does not completely pay for breast exams, mammograms, Pap tests, or follow up testing
- Have health insurance, but have not been able to be screened or get needed follow-up testing
What services are provided?
- Clinical breast exam
- Pap test
- Diagnostic services
Yearly breast exams, mammograms, and regular Pap tests help detect breast and cervical problems early. When problems are found early, they can be treated more easily, adding years to your life.
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer:
According to the American Cancer Society, any of the following unusual changes in the breast can be a symptom of breast cancer:
- swelling of all or part of the breast
- skin irritation or dimpling
- breast pain
- nipple pain or the nipple turning inward
- redness, scaly, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- a nipple discharge other than breast milk
- a lump in the underarm area
Signs and symptoms of cervical cancer:
Possible symptoms of more advanced disease may include:
- Abnormal bleeding, such as:
Bleeding between regular menstrual periods
Bleeding after sexual intercourse
Bleeding after douching
Bleeding after a pelvic exam
Bleeding after menopause
- Pelvic pain not related to your menstrual cycle
- Heavy or unusual discharge that may be watery, thick, and possibly have a foul odor
- Increased urinary frequency
- Pain during urination
These symptoms could also be signs of other health problems not related to cervical cancer. If you experience any of the symptoms above, talk to a healthcare provider.
If you would like more information on breast or cervical cancer, contact us by calling 410-535-5400 x350
Outreach to the Community
Would you like to have a nurse attend your function or group to educate on breast and cervical cancer and how the program may be able to help? Call 410-535-5400 x350.